Friday, June 30, 2017

Crochet Update


I'm loving making the Helen Shrimpton Rosslyn blanket, it's quite challenging and I have decided I definitely don't like bead stitch. Not sure if its because I hold my wool as if I'm knitting means I don't have quite the right angle to slip through the stitches or it just is a pain in the bum to do.

Although the colours look a bit darker on here I think they will work as a Baby colours. I hope that I can hold it when it gets nearer to the finish, may have to do a bit now and again.

I'm coming up to a very busy month, hopefully I will be able to still make cards but next week I have the Hampton Court Flower Show as well as a crop on Saturday. The following week I have a wedding to go to and the week after I have a doctors appointment along with a Hen Do. I get a couple of quiet weeks before the next wedding although I know there are still things to make for the table and thank you cards.

7 comments:

Eleanor said...

This is gorgeous Debby. I have always knitted, but never attempted crochet. You have made some beautiful blankets but have you ever crocheted a garment?

Doreen said...

Beautiful work Debby.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful work Debbie and I really like the stitch pattern, even if it is a so and so to do, it looks good.
Faith
x

Sarah said...

Totally amazing work Debby. Such intricate detail so I am not surprised some of the stitches are challenging!! xx

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Debby and looks so so complicated but worth the effort as the effect is so interesting. Good luck with this and I hope all goes well with the weddings and your visit to the Hampton Court Flower Show too. x

Brawny x said...

Fab work Debby x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that's absolutely gorgeous Debby, what an intricate mix of patterns and colours!