Wednesday, February 10, 2016

One Layer

wed-newchallenge-header

Hello, friends! Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!
Thank you for joining us for the Have A Heart Challenge. We hope you will join in with our new theme!
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher!
This week the challenge is...

One Layer!

For this challenge you may add die cut pieces and embellishments but the front of the card should look like one layer. We know this one can be tricky for some folks, but we also know you guys ROCK OUR SOCKS every week, so we can't WAIT to see what you do with the One Layer challenge! Your designs inspire us! Show us what you can do!
We are showcasing PAPER SMOOCHES PRODUCTS this week. You don't have to use them to join in with the challenge, but if you have them we would love to see them used! Paper Smooches offers a wide variety of stamps including cuteness, pretty designs, every day basics, and amazing sentiments! Be sure to check out their latest to see what you may need to add to your collection!
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store! I think that would be pretty fun to spend, how about you? *wink*
50dollar_voucher_600px


To make my card first I used the Bundle of Stitched Shapes from Simon Says Stamp to make the size of card I want. I then used Simon Says Stamp Stitched Oval and embossed the centre, I also used the same die to make a mask for the centre.

I then used the Paper Smooches Swirls and Curls stamps and using a Black dye Inkpad stamped round my oval. The Handwritten Greeting from Simon Says Stamp looked a bit lost in the centre so I add the black ribbon.

You may think this isn't one layer since I've stuck it onto a card but in the past I've made so many mistakes I'm not prepared to waste card stock stamping directing to the actual card. So my first card is what it would look like if it was made as a one layer, I suppose you could emboss the bundle of shapes and cut round the three sides and fold along the top.


To be honest although most people would be happy with the above card I'm a mat and layer type of gal. So I lifted the front of the above card and mat and layered with black and white and now in my opinion job done.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 

You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

18 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Debby :-) I normally die cut a piece and adhere it directly onto a card base too, even for a one layer card as sometimes the inks bleed onto the inside so having a separate piece makes it neater ;-) I love the black/white design, absolutely gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning, Jo x

Lin said...

The black and white are so striking, and I always love flourishes! So striking!

Lin said...

The black and white are so striking, and I always love flourishes! So striking!

Sarah said...

A beautiful one layered card Debby, so elegant xx

Pat said...

Black and white together are always so elegant and this is no exception Debby. I have to agree about sticking the top layer to the card rather than trying to do it all straight on to the card base. I have been known to do a card and then try to stamp a sentiment straight on to the finished piece with catastrophic results, but I do try to do it somewhere on the card that I can cover with a sentiment plate if all else fails. I think that the second card pops more with the black layer especially as you have used that lovely black ribbon. x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful elegant card Debby. x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Debby, I love the black and white swirl, it's stunning!!!
(I stamp the sentiment across the page in vellum (use paper tape)- cut away the part you need leaving the vellum showing the part you need then stamp.)
I nope that makes sense!!

hugs
Heather xx

Jackie T said...

Oh wow this is a stunning card. I find one layer cards so difficult. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol S. said...

Perfect card and suitable for either male or female. Hugs, Carol S.xx

pinky said...

I think it works beautifully Debby.

Whisper said...

Classy and stunning, luv Sam x

José said...

Lovely card Debby, love the black/white design

Cheryl W. said...

I like the layered look, too, Debby! It was nice to see the two cards together, though. Makes you think about which you like better.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS cards, however I have to admit your layering one is my favourite.

Stephanie said...

Pretty and elegant sympathy card, Debby! I like the black grosgrain ribbon across the middle.


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim P said...

Very classic and elegant...love it!

Bashful said...

I love your black and white card - so elegant!