Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Surprise Box

So the challenge on Simon Says Challenge is for anything but a card, so the brain went on an immediate meltdown. Of course a simple bookmark will do but at the time I didn't think of that decided to have a go at making a box I see demo at Crafts U Love. When you take the lid off the side fall down and there a surprise inside. My advice is to decorate the sides first before you do the inside. I've use the Deer with Forest Family stamps from Simon Says Stamps. The papers are Crate paper Lillian. The tree is cut from the Graphically Speaking cartridge on the cricut.
You can see all four sides on Simon Says Challenge blog.
This is what inside, I use Martha Stewart punched butterflies, I stuck them back to back with acetate stripe in the middle. I had to lift them off when I realise I needed to decorate the outside, so the tape was dirty and you could see, so I sprinkle flowers soft over the bottom and added the larger flowers. I didn't add pearls on the butterflies thought the weight might make them flop over. I think I will stick to cards less stressful.
So did you see my news over on Pink Gem, Janet asked me to be on her DT, can't believe it was 2007 when Janet won my first ever candy.

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful Debby - love both the inside and outside. Gorgeous papers and image.
Congratulations on you Pink Gem news.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh this is gorgeous Debby. One can see a great deal work creative hours went into this. Love all the cute scenes you have created around the box.
Hugs
Desire

Fern said...

OMGosh Debby this is AMAZING!!!
I love it!

Fern xx

* Üla * said...

Hello Debby,
Very nice and funny surprise box.
Lovely paper colours, flowers soft with flowers and the butterflies.
Beautiful !!!
hugs Ula X

Timcso said...

Stunning box Debby!Very creative and beautiful the butterflies!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Joey said...

Debby this is super cute and super gorgeous, love the colours and the boldness of the shapes.
Joey.x

Mephisto said...

HI,
thats a wonderful Work. Like it very much hun!

Hugs
Domi

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is so cute, bright, fun, and cheery. I love it!!

Thanks so much for inspiring others every week and making the design team so awesome!!

<3,
Steph

kelly ledder said...

Love it, so creative

Tina said...

Very cute box! TFS!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Awesome box Debby!!! Gorgeous work! Love those butterflies :)

Take care,

Hugs
Maarit

Juls said...

This is brilliant! I love the mushroom house!! such a fantastic creation!

Jo Nevill said...

I'm so sorry it has taken me sooo long to comment on your gorgeous box - where on earth does the time go ? Your box is amazing, so very pretty especially the inside - what a lovely surprise when you open it !

Many congrats on your new DT position too - I look forward to seeing your fantastic creations for Pink Gem.

Take care and hugs,

Jo x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Debby,
S P E C T A C U L A R!!

Luv you!
Heidi

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Debby :-) I love this box and the stamps and papers you used look fabulous ! :-)

I have been having a lovely browse around your blog seeing all the fabulous creations you have made since my last visit :-)
Congratulations on your Pink gem DT spot :-) very well deserved :-0

luv
Lols x x x