Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SimonSayStampsChallenge 2

First of I would like to thank everyone who participated in our first Simon Says Stamps challenge we had over a hundred entries which is absolutely brilliant. Now to our latest challenge RECYCLING now us crafters are great at hoarding bits and pieces in case we might use them and if you like me they're in a safe place, bit and bobs off boxes, cards and anything that catches our eyes so where have I put them and why is it when I needed them I can't find them. I wandered round the house looking for something to recycling not helped by decluttering round the house lately even my DD has tidied her room and there's always bits of rubbish there. The only things I had is my son's CD collection, he's downloaded them on his PC and gave them to me to see if I would like any. A lightbulb went off just like in the cartoons how about recycling one of them and another lightbulb moment why don't I use Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding photos and put a disc with the rest of the photo's on.
Has you can see thats exactly what I did, using some BG papers and the Simon Says Stamp savour Sweet Cupcakes stamps. I used confetti like papers from BG for the top of the cupcakes they look just like sprinkles. I also used some gold embossing powder round the edges but of course the camera isn't picking that up.


So if you were lucky enough to get an Easter egg ( I didn't ) with a fab bit of ribbon, or that cute box you kept to alter, perhaps you kept some wrapping paper or even a topper of another card well nows the time to use them.
Since making this I've discovered several things I could use, I had some embellishments off some Christmas Crackers, some wallpaper samples and some odd bits of ribbon. Duh

23 comments:

Lynsey said...

Great project Debby!
Hugs Lynsey:)

nessy said...

well what a wonderful idea ~ thanks for sharing the photos ~would never have thought of this!!
better go rummage
vanessa xx

Liza said...

Wow Debby, this is gorgeous.

Liza x

Fi said...

What a fabulous idea! This is stunning and a great way to share photos of such a happy family event!

Are you a member of the Crafts Beautiful forum? There is a challenge on there just now for recycling- http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/16715/

Fi
x

tracy said...

What a brilliant idea Debby!
I love it your mum and dad will be over the moon congratulations on their golden wedding anniversary.
Tracy x

Unknown said...

FABBBBB idea with the CD case for the photos and a disc of the photos too.

Debbie said...

Nice job with the CD case... love how you "recycled" it... and what a great way to protect those oh so precious pictures...

Anonymous said...

This is the most precious thing ever!! Beautiful idea my friend!! :) TFS!

Jayne Hayward said...

What a truely brilliant idea for using up cd boxes especially if you have loaded pics from a camera onto disc its a lovely way to keep the memories. Your creation will be a lovely present for your parents celebrating another milestone in their life.

Jayne xx

Donna said...

Fantastic recycling Debby and what you have done with this CD case is amazing, fantastic keepsake :) Donna x

Nannieflash said...

Absolutely brilliant Debby, Im sure your parents will love it, the photos are quite lovely and such a nice way to remember it all by. Well done love and hugs Shirleyx

Timcso said...

This is gorgeous Debby!:)

Swaantje said...

What a wonderful idea,Debby!

Riet said...

what a beautiful creation Debby.

hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful keepsake Debby, perfect!
Clairex

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is so clever! What a beautiful family!

kelly ledder said...

Great idea and different! Please take a look at my blog there is something there for you xx

Iris said...

You´ve made a great job, wonderful idea.

Hugs
Iris

Shannon said...

Debby,
This was a stroke of genius! I will have to give that a try as well. My folks have a 45 wedding anniversary coming up this year.

Blessings!

Debs said...

great idea, really lovely
Hugs Debs

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the CD case...I am going to check the Simon Says challenge now... Go to my blog, I left something for you to claim and post in your blog...HUGS...SK :)

Deb said...

fantastic little album, it is so sweet and would make such a gorgeous gift!
Have a great evening, Debx

Tasha said...

This is such an awesome projec i love this idea - and recycling is always fab!
I didnt get an easter egg either but my little one got many so she shared lol (not from choice)
love tasha xx