Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wednesday

The sketch for CPS#84 looks like envelope or a purse on a card, I wanted to do one of those criss cross cards but couldn't find the tutorial but on SCS I found this trifold pocket tutorial instead. I found some double sided card and because of the black and red, the whole thing developed into an Oriental style. The papers are college press Grayson, the Chinese lady is from Hobby Art, the words are shock, horror Peel offs and so are the borders. So I made the pocket and I wanted it to be display so I made a very simple black card, more peel off borders and use BG magnets so you can take the pocket on and off.
The tag again is very simple just stamped and coloured the dragon, more peel off borders and a bit of cardstock . If the light was better I would have another try and photo the dragon because I very careful used glossy accents on him and he's looks fabulous all shiny and slighty raised. Try clicking on the pic to see if a larger pic makes him look better.

Of course going back to SCS to get the link for the tutorial I've now found the one on a criss-cross card, typical.


So since I've mentioned there's too many challenges and I'm giving the ones with sketches priority, this week it seems they're all doing sketches. Tilda & co is one of them and its such a cute sketch too and nice and easy, so why did this card take so long. I knew that Edwin and Tilda were going to sit within the oval, I love the swiss dots background but when I tried to put on embellishments or sentiments it just didn't look right. I spent ages moving things around, I made punched flowers, stamped sentiments and in the end I gave up and left it nice and simple.


26 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what a fabulous card debby, it's so elegant.Love the Edwin and tilda card too,such a pair of little cuties:-)

sue
xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh your pocket creation is just gorgeous, such rich textures. Those magnets are an excellent idea. Warm regards

Becky said...

Oh Wow!! These cards are beautiful Debby! I've not done anything Oriental for ages but I've been inspired by your purse card!
Love Becky xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Debbie what gorgeous cards. The magnolia one is so sweet, I love these little one! and the oriental card is superb. Hugs Linda x

Andrea, said...

Wow your Oriental card is gorgeous Debby, a fabulous design and images and Tilda and Edwin look so sweet sat there together

Annie said...

wow Debby, your oriental card is fabulous, and that dragon amazing! And Tilda and Edwin look so cute together sat in the oval. hugs, annie x

Kelly said...

Debby - What a stunning card! I love the Asian design and colors. You did a fantastic job.

craft mad Jenny said...

such a lovely card, great colouring,

jenny

cats whiskers said...

Debie that Oriental card is awesome, love every single thing about it, and all that work you have put into it. Peel offs have there place don't they sometimes nothig else will do. I also love your Tilda card, they are so cute sitting there they don't need any embellishments.
Hugs Jacqui x

Sharon said...

they look very cosy together! Great card.

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, love your oriental one, and hey, I reckon peel offs will be the new black, they keep popping up everywhere! I wouldn't have guessed that you used them on here mind you!

Rach said...

gorgeous cards Debby..so gorgeous. your first one is elegant....stunning.
your post made me laugh you are funny, what with the criss cross card tutorial and then the sketches...bless. at least i know that i am not the only one these things happen to.
hugs rachxx

Sew This N That said...

Two very beautiful cards, Debby, but wow what a pocket! I love the colouring and what a wonderful thing with the magnets, as my 11 year old son is frequently saying "Cool".
**Hugs** Heather x

Shelly said...

What a cute card! Simple is sometimes best, especially when the colouring is done with so much care as this! Just lovely x

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning cards Debby!!! and I love how you have edwin and tilda sitting pretty in the scallop :) x

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous Debby, both very different but fab!!
Clairex

Diane said...

Oh Deb,I've been checking all your cards below...they are so beautiful! Lovely paper and the sketches are awesome!!!

Gwen said...

wow that is a stunning card! so unique...love it!!

Lea L. said...

Very cute cards! Great job with CPS 84!

~Lea

carolann said...

Wow this is awesome work hun well done xxxxxx

Joey said...

such a beautiful card! I love the colours you have used.x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card. Kimx

Line said...

fabulous asiatic card!

Charity Hassel said...

love the folded oriental card for the cps sketch!

Kathleen said...

These are all great cards but I especially love the simplicity of the Tilda and Edwin card.
Kathleen xx

Anonymous said...

I have realized some significant things through your site post. One other stuff I would like to mention is that there are various games out there designed in particular for preschool age little ones. They include things like pattern acknowledgement, colors, dogs, and patterns. These commonly focus on familiarization as opposed to memorization. This keeps little kids engaged without having the experience like they are learning. Thanks.