Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spring Challenge

I so wanted to make something other than a card for the Tilda and Co Spring challenge. Something amazing like Andrea and Lyn made for the wishing you well challenge and Annie's sour cream cartons for the spring challenge. So I made this pillow box using a template from Mirkwood templates and imaginesce card. Made a little label and a Tilda then tried to buy some mini eggs which proved impossible so had to send DH out to get some, couple of supermarkets later I was able to photo my pillow box with chocolate eggs. Have to report we're all out of mini eggs again having ate them all.
Now my DH is very disappointed I didn't use the word enough but really doesn't everyone know you simply can't have enough craft stuff. Anyhow DS mentions how embarrassing I am and a page was born. This pic was taken in Orlando in a Disney Gift shop where the Pirates of the Caribbean was everywhere.
I used Rusty Pickle Pirate Princesses and cuttlekids skull and crossbones the title embarrassing was cut with the cricut George cartridge and the the headstone (well thats what I'm calling it) hides the journalling.
Thank you for all the congratulations for yesterday, we had a lovely day including to manage a visit to a craft shop The Glitter Pot where I was in stamp heaven and didn't know what to choose too much choice. I picked up a little whipper snapper Ballerina and a Monkey and I fell in love with a large Penny Black Bunny with a bonnet. Also some ribbons and some yummy papers too so I was a happy bunny too.

18 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous little box Debby and a fab idea, the mini eggs wouldn't last long in this house either! Love your layouts, the paper is wonderful.

Emma said...

Gorgeous pillow box, that paper is so pretty. Mmmmm mini eggs, don't you just love 'em!!

That layout is just fabulous, such good fun. My kids are 3 and 8 months so we haven't reached the 'Mum your so embarrassing' stage yet.....

Enfys said...

Lovely work again. I've given you an award over on my blog, go and collect it, then pass it on to your faves x

Unknown said...

Oh Debbie what a lovely post today. Made me smile! I just love your Tilda pillow box (the contents even more!). Thanks for the compliment about my entry. A brilliant idea! The picture of you in the pirate outfit is absolutely brilliant! Embarrassing indeed! Fabulous I say! Lol Lynn x

Margaret Kane Ward said...

love the Easter pillow box; the colors are so great for spring. thanks for visiting at my blog.

Alhambra Club said...

Your little box with the Magnolia stamp is adorable, your coloring is fantatic. Love your scrapbook page, yes it is now payback time.

Sandy said...

Wow this is really nice. Such beautiful. Absolutely lovely work.

Ana Baird said...

Great pillow box! Fabulous LO too!

Kathy W said...

very fun projects!

Kim said...

Debby, love that Easter box - so precious! Kim sbs8

Katharina Frei said...

A gourgeous pillow box Debby, but you rLO is stunning!!!!!

Smriti said...

Hi Debby, thanks for dropping by and thanks for the link too. I looked at it and will try to follow those steps next time. This pillow box is so cute...I think I'll also try making one. BTW if you don't mind can you tell me how did you create your profile image - it's very cute, I've seen different kinds of these of people's blogs but have absolutely no clue how they're created.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

my gosh debby.. this pouch box is darling with tilda. what an idea. thanks for the reminder

My Paper World said...

fabulous projects Debby! The box is a lovely idea and so very cute!
Nicola xx

Frances said...

love the little box but your page made me laugh, much better than 'enough'!

sooo jealous you went to Glitterpot, surprised you came out with so little LOL xx

Jo said...

Gorgeous box Debby and what a great L/O :)

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

fab little box - wonderful

Annie said...

love your pillow box and the little eggs - mine didn't last long either! And your scrapbook page is wonderful too.